Twice Baked Lively Run Blue Cheese Souffle by AGAVA
AGAVA is a Southwest-Inspired restaurant featuring a wood-fired oven; seasonal menu; farm-to-table ingredients; and a warm, fun, community-minded atmosphere.
Served with pickled beets, balsamic reduction, dried cherries, pumpkin seed and arugula
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1 C. cold milk
6 oz. Lively Run Blue Cheese, room temp
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp butter for molds
3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 280-300 degrees (250 for convection oven)
2. Butter six 4-oz souffle molds
3. Melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir in for 6 minutes. Add cold milk and whisk slowly. Cook 8 minutes on low heat.
4. Pour sauce into electric mixer bowl.
5. Using whisk attachment, add crumbled blue cheese. Turn machine on low speed to blend. Let cool slightly, then turn to high heat and add 1 egg yolk at a time. Season with salt & pepper. Remove to another bowl and cool completely.
6. Whip egg whites to soft peaks, fold into cheese mixture and fill molds with this mixture.
7.Bake in water bath at 280 – 300 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set. Remove from heat and water bath and cool completely. Then remove contents from mold and place on buttered parchment paper, top side up. Refrigerate.
8. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put 3/4 cup cream in 10″ saute pan, add souffle (top side up) on high heat. Bring to boil, then put in oven for 8 minutes. Use spatula to remove.
9. Serve with pickled beets, balsamic reduction, dried cherries, pumpkin seed and arugula. And a smile!
Executive Chef Andre Jacquet
Sous Chef Jason Windsor
This recipe was entered in the 2013 Holiday Recipe Competition that we held on Facebook