Grilled Cheese with Lively Run Chèvre, Baby Spinach and Avocado by Jolie Heaton
- 4 slices good quality whole grain bread
- 4 oz. Lively Run Chèvre, loosely crumbled
- Handful of baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and sliced.
- Lemon-Garlic Mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp butter
Whisk together in a small bowl:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A little fresh cracked pepper
- Spread 2 slices of bread with Lemon Garlic Mayonnaise and then layer with crumbled Chèvre, spinach and avocado. Make sure to add goat cheese after each layer.
- Spread remaining 2 slices of bread with Lemon Garlic Mayonnaise and top each sandwich.
- In non-stick frying pan, melt 2 tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add sandwiches and brown both sides until done and cheese is melted.
This recipe was entered in the 2014 Holiday Recipe Competition.