Goat Cheese, Apple Butter and Onion Crostinis by Anna Young
- 1 Ciabatta baguette, sliced in ¼” pieces
- 5 ounces Lively Run plain goat cheese
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup apple butter
- 5 Tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place sliced baguette on a nonstick baking sheet. Drizzle 3 tablespoons olive oil evenly over the baguette.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the baguette slices are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In large nonstick pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil onions, and a dash of salt and pepper. Let onions caramelize for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and softened. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- To assemble, spread thin layer of Lively Run’s plain goat cheese on each baguette slice. Then place a small dollop, about the size of a dime, of apple butter on top of the goat cheese layer. Finally, add a teaspoon of the caramelized onions on top to finish off your crostinis.
- Serve and enjoy. Happy Holidays!
This recipe was entered in the 2014 Holiday Recipe Competition.