WINNING RECIPE! Salad with Pan-Fried Goat Cheese Rounds & Lemon Vinaigrette by Christina Taddeo
6 servings Salad Greens such as Spring Mix
12 oz. Lively Run Goat Dairy Chèvre, sliced into 12 rounds (1/2 inch each)
2 cups plain Panko Bread Crumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper
2 large Eggs, beaten
1 cup plus 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
½ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Ground Pepper
1. Wash and dry salad greens. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Whisk together Vinaigrette ingredients: 1 cup olive oil, Lemon Juice, Dijon Mustard, Salt & Pepper.
3. Dip Vinaigrette rounds into beaten egg and then Panko crumbs; refrigerate on a plate for 20 minutes.
4. Heat remaining 1 tbsp. Olive Oil and Butter in non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Take care not to burn.
5. Add Chèvre rounds to pan and cook each side until golden brown, but the cheese is not melted.
6. Toss Salad Greens with the LemonVinaigrette and divide between 6 plates.
7. Top each Salad with 2 of the warm Chèvre rounds. Serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.
This recipe was entered in the 2013 Holiday Recipe Competition that we held on Facebook