Twice Baked Potatoes Stuffed with Lively Run Chèvre & Mushrooms by Christina Taddeo
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 4 oz. package of Lively Run Chèvre, softened and cut into chunks
- 6 tbsp. butter (1 stick)
- 6oz. sliced mushrooms (Button or Baby Bella), coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pierce potatoes with a fork so they don’t explode and bake for approximately 45 min. or until done.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let cool slightly so you can work with them.
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp. butter and add mushrooms and shallots. Sauté until mushrooms are softened, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and sauté for 3 additional minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut each potato into half lengthwise and gently scoop the insides out into a mixing bowl, being careful not to tear the skin. Leave a small border of potato in the skin.
- Place empty potato skins on a baking sheet. Microwave remaining 4 tbsp. of butter for 30 seconds or until melted. Brush the insides and outsides of the shells with the melted butter, then salt and pepper each shell. Place baking sheet with potatoes back into 400 degree oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until potato skins become crispy.
- If the potato insides in the mixing bowl have cooled, microwave for 30 seconds or so. Add any remaining butter to the potatoes. Add Chèvre to potatoes and use a potato smasher to smash potatoes and mix ingredients thoroughly. If the potato/cheese mixture seems too thick, add 1 to 2 tbsps. of milk. Add mushrooms and shallot mixture and gently stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a spoon to scoop potato mixture into shells. Return stuffed potatoes to oven for 10 to 12 more minutes or until heated through.Enjoy!
This recipe was entered in the 2014 Holiday Recipe Competition.