Suzanne’s Chèvre Cheese Cake Bars
3 cups of flour
1 envelope dry yeast
1 cup of warm milk
6 TBS butter
1 pinch salt
1lb Lively Run Goat Cheese
5/8 cup sugar
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 TBS flour
- Sift flour into bowl, make a indentation in the flour, add the yeast, a little sugar and some warm milk into it.
- Mix slightly, cover and let rest for 15 min.
- Add the rest of sugar, milk, the egg and salt, and kneed the dough until smooth.
- Cover and let rise for 45 min.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Mix goat cheese with sugar, egg and lemon zest until creamed
- Roll out dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Spread goat chees mix on cookie sheet
- Cream butter and sugar, add 1 TBS flour and 4 eggs, mix well
- Pour over goat cheese layer, sprinkle almonds on and bake at 425F for 30 min.