Finger Lakes Gold Red Beet Risotto with Mustard Greens
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2 2 1/2- to 3-inch-diameter beets, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 1/2 cups chopped white onion
1 cup arborio rice or medium-grain white rice
3 cups low-salt chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cups chopped mustard greens
8 ounces of Lively Run Finger Lakes Gold finely grated
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add beets and onion. Cover; cook until onion is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in rice. Add broth and vinegar. Increase heat; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered until rice and beets are just tender and risotto is creamy, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into shallow bowls.
- Sprinkle with greens and Finger Lakes Gold cheese.